8.03.2009

Peace

Lynley fell asleep on my bed all sprawled out, Tylers at school, the main floor is clean, and it's so peaceful!

I just wanted to blog real quick about something that i've been thinkin about..Ty asked me this morning what he should bless Lynley with next Sunday...and it got me thinkin... I see all these young women in such a critical point in their lives making decisions that are going to affect the rest of thier lives...I was just there it seems. My mom used to always hold me by both shoulders and shake me, hoping to shake some sense into me I imagine and say "courtney! you're making choices that are going to effect you for forever!! Listen to me! I'm your mom! I want whats best for you!" and i'd tune her out. i wanted to choose for myself. I wanted to be "independent". I am so greatful she didn't stop. she fought for me. she was going to make sure that I made it out of my teenage years okay. She let me make my mistakes, but she was there to get me back on track. I look at my baby girl, she's so sweet, so everything! When she's crying, it's me or ty who get her to smile. it already kills me that someday, that's not going to be the case!! I know, that what my mom did that i hated in the moment, it wasn't even an option. It's a must. I will never stop fighting for my baby girl. I'll never leave her to fend for herself (until of course it's the appropriate time!! ) I hope we can be the best examples for her, so that she'll have the desire to make good choices. I have so many hopes and dreams for her! Too many to fit in a short baby blessing :)

So, here's my monday thought..

Count your blessings, Enjoy the moment you're in, & Love the people you have.


Happy Monday!

No comments: